CHIJMES pronounced “chimes” was once the Convent of the Holy Infant Jesus (CHIJ), established in 1854. It is the second oldest all-girls school in Singapore. After the school moved to Toa Payoh in 1985, the original site was declared a national monument. Therefore, much of the original fabric of the historic building has been retained and restored, notably the 19th Century stained glass windows, the intricate plasterwork on the column capitals and the façade of the buildings, the original floor titles, terracotta roof titles and the marble plaques listing the names of the benefactors. The most prominent feature is the beautiful ceiling-high stained glass windows. CHIJMES Hall is now used as a multifunction venue for selective performances and recitals, weddings and special events that complement its ambience.